Ghostwriting by: DD ANDER
A Canadian Ghostwriter
Specializing in writing Memoirs, Autobiographies and Fiction
EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL! MAKE YOURS A REALITY!
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE A GHOSTWRITER
1. You save HUNDREDS, if not, THOUSANDS, of hours of time. I work extremely hard to get the job done as efficiently and as promptly as possible.
2. You don't have to struggle and learn how to write a book
3. YOUR BOOK WILL ACTUALLY GET DONE
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GHOSTWRITING
4. Good ghostwriting is expensive or inexpensive,depending on how you calculate it. If cost is your main consideration, don't hire a ghostwriter. Expect to pay a minimum of $15K or app. 50 cents per word, and up for
quality work. (30,000 words/15K and so on)
5. It's almost impossible to check out a ghostwriter's work because most clients wish to remain anonymous (after all, it's their book, remember). But, you can check to see what the ghostwriter has written under their own name: novels, blogs, etc. to see if you like their style of writing. They have, or should have, a website, like this one. (www.ddander.com)
6. Interview them. Find out whether you are compatible. Does the ghostwriter express your ideas even better than you do? You need to be able to understand each other. If a red flag pops up, move on. Rarely does the situation get better.
7. Ask about their process.If they are not good communicators, move on. If they don't know how to set good boundaries for both of you, move on. Expect a good ghostwriter to push you for material, info. etc. You are buying their time and they want to be as productive as possible, and you get your novel a lot sooner. You have to do your part for this to be successful.
8. And ask them if they are the one doing the writing or are they subcontracting it out? Very important!
1. Price and payment terms. Pay in instalments. Expect to pay at least 1/3 up front; the second instalment after a defined number of words, chapters, pages, etc., and so on.
2. You are paying for interview time(s), research, fact checking, outlining, reading, follow up interviews, and a revision, or two usually, and ultimately a final manuscript.
3. At the end of the day you are buying a manuscript only, unless you have made other arrangements. You still need to hire an editor (your decision), have a cover designed, and find a publisher, or self publish it, etc. if that is your intention. A good ghostwriter can point you in the right direction, and perhaps assist you or do some additional work depending on your arrangement.
4. There will be a kill clause. At each pre arranged delivery time, page count, words, etc., a decision can be made to continue or abandon the project.
This is not meant to scare you off. It is meant to ensure you know exactly what you are getting into and how to make this experience pleasurable for both of you. A good ghostwriter wants you to be successful. I know I do!
Ask questions! Then ask more questions! The more compatible you are with the ghostwriter, the better the experience will be!
AND NOW YOUR STORY HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO LIFE!!!
DD ANDER ~ Bringing your story to life and editorially sound with the power of words!
Ghostwriters in Canada ~ Ghostwriters in Panama
DD Ander is an author, ghostwriter and photographer; he lives an inspired life, therefore he brings empowerment and inspiration to all those who know him.
He has spent countless hours on my book; assisting me in writing, organizing
the flow of the stories, formatting and editing. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the art of writing.
I am thankful that the Lord has brought him into my life; this little
book may not have been written without him.